Jefferson University Hospitals and Thomas Jefferson University, partners in Jefferson Health, provide excellent clinical and compassionate care for patients in the Philadelphia region. Jefferson Health has engaged Gabrielle DeTora and DeTora Consulting to create a U.S. News & World Report (USNWR) Best Hospitals Rankings Improvement Plan with the goal of having Jefferson University Hospitals achieve Honor Roll status.
Jefferson Health is dedicated to educating the health professionals of tomorrow in a variety of disciplines and discovering new knowledge that will define the future of clinical care. Together they are 34,000+ people reimagining health care, education and discovery, and dedicated to improving lives.
As RTI International continues to evolve its methodology, reputation enhancements become more challenging. With the transition of physician voting exclusively being conducted on Doximity, the targeting to specialty physicians has become more cumbersome. DeTora Consulting will be identifying the challenges. We will also recommend goals over time and tactical solutions, as well as options for consideration.
Gabrielle DeTora at DeTora Consulting will review all U.S. News & World Report methodology details against current state at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (TJUH), Abington Memorial Hospital (AMH), and Abington – Lansdale Hospital (ALH), and its other entities including:
- Conduct an audit and evaluated all current specialist marketing efforts
- Conduct interviews to identify current gaps and best opportunities for reputation building
- Provide a USNWR Improvement Recommendations Plan to Abington
- Provide a short-term Jefferson Doximity Registration Tactical Plan for immediate execution between October 2015 and February 2016.
- This will specifically target alumni, medical students, residents, fellows, but with an immediate prioritization of faculty physicians within the defined specialties who were eligible to vote and noted as “unregistered” by Doximity
- Provide the interim step to this plan, the targeted physician lists, and the emailed communications to clinical chiefs and chairs as identified by Jefferson
- Evaluate advertising and communications options on Doximity
- Conduct a Jefferson Searchability Evaluation on Doximity
- Provide recommendations and edits on specific tactics by the Jefferson and Rothman Institute and Wills Eye Hospital marketing teams to physicians and clinical department leadership
- Deliver ongoing tactical support, such as AMA-physician-targeted direct mail and email campaigns, recommendations on targeted media placements, editing of communications, and so on.
The overarching Jefferson goal is to get TJUH back on The Honor Roll. The plan will focus, integrate, drive reputation marketing. By developing an ongoing program and marketing infrastructure that integrates with current marketing and communications initiatives, TJUH/Abington’s physician reputation marketing will become a fixture within the health system’s operations. In addition to streamlining operations and prioritizing resources, this approach also allows for targeted specialists to receive peer-valued content.
DeTora Consulting looks forward to providing a sophisticated Reputation Enhancement Plan focused on the Doximity channel. This will exclusively utilize communications and clinical promotions to advance the current rankings and propel Jefferson Health onto the U.S. News & World Report Honor Roll, including:
- PR on clinical trials
- Research articles
- Clinical achievements.