Gaylord Specialty Hospital has hired Gabrielle DeTora at DeTora Consulting to develop a plan to be ranked in U.S. News & World Report “Best Hospitals” Rankings. Gaylord Specialty Hospital is a 137-bed, nonprofit, inpatient care setting for patients who need intensive medical rehabilitation following an acute illness, traumatic accident, or other serious health event.
Headquartered in Wallingford, Connecticut, Gaylord was known for being the hospital where other hospitals sent their toughest rehabilitation cases in the region. However, they were not ranking on the U.S. News & World Report “Best Hospitals” Rankings.
Therefore, Gaylord Specialty Hospital’s executive leadership hired Gabrielle DeTora and DeTora Consulting to conduct a thorough analysis of why Gaylord Specialty Hospital had not been ranked in the past. Gabrielle DeTora was also hired to develop a strategy to be ranked on this prestigious list moving forward.
Gaylord Specialty Hospital’s goals are three-fold
- gain a position on this prestigious list
- understand how competing hospitals are scoring and where Gaylord Specialty Hospital can command an edge in the rankings against those competitors, and
- ultimately evaluate what it would take to succeed and if the administration believes it is worth the investment.
In support of these goals, Gabrielle DeTora from DeTora Consulting will conduct a methodical process of research and data evaluation to:
- Uncover quality, documentation, and reputation shortcomings, if any
- Determine critical success factors and tactical steps for improvement
- Conduct a review and evaluation of past efforts to engage with physiatrists and related professional societies, including AAPM&R, ACRM, AAP and AMRPA
- Prioritize sub-service initiatives in messaging to maximize chances for ranking success, focusing on Gaylord Specialty Hospital as an LTAC hospital partner and educator, rather than a competitor of other rehabilitation facilities and PM&R practices
- Develop a creative brief with talking points on key topics of valued peer-to-peer education, positioning Gaylord Specialty Hospital as a national leader in the field
- Determine options for optimizing the Doximity platform in the most effective, yet financially efficient ways and make a recommendation based on experience with other successful clients (none of which purchase the Doximity packages)
- Outline a timeline for improvement initiative management
- Develop an information dashboard to track results.
Gaylord Specialty Hospital is known for its treatment of a wide range of conditions that demand advanced rehabilitation and medical management – especially spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, pulmonary conditions and stroke. Hospital physicians and staff are highly rated by patients for the depth of their clinical excellence, compassion and outstanding outcomes achieved as a team. Their rankings should reflect their work. DeTora Consulting is honored to be able to take on this important project.