Digestive Disorders Associates (DDA) physician and administrative executive leadership team contracted Gabrielle DeTora of DeTora Consulting to develop a 2015-2018 Strategic Plan for its gastroenterology practice.
DDA specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of adults and children with GI diseases and disorders. Their team of gastroenterologists has expertise in all types of digestive conditions, including acid reflux disease, Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis, IBS, swallowing disorders and hepatitis. DDA sees patients at three Maryland locations – Annapolis, Chester, and Gambrills.
The discovery process will include interviews with nearly a dozen clinicians, practice staff hospital marketing leaders, a market assessment, a competitor assessment and a market forecast. The strategic analysis will be a review of DDA’s business goals, competitive service offerings, practice volumes and a payer mix assessment. Key findings from the aggregate of the information reviewed will be incorporated into this Strategic Plan for DDA.
The purpose of the strategic plan and market assessment will be to identify DDA’s greatest potential for growth based on capacity, service differentiation, physician activity and future market opportunity, integrating data analytics and observed market opportunities, and a team strategic retreat.
The strategic development process will include:
- Defining strategy assessment steps and request for information from DDA and external data entities in the market.
- Collecting the data on the marketplace from DDA, Truven Health Analytics, and the State of Maryland.
- Evaluating the research, showcasing key findings, trends and market opportunities.
- Conducting on-site and executive phone interviews with practice leaders, clinicians and associated hospital marketing leaders.
- Conducting an onsite Discovery Session with the practice management team.
- Developing business strategy options for the strategic plan.
- Facilitating the Strategic Leadership Retreat onsite with DDA partners and the practice management team.
- Writing the Strategic Plan for use by DDA.
This Strategic Plan will define the market demand drivers, acute care providers and population growth trends, with goals and objectives, and recommendation to achieve target outcomes.
DDA has committed to profitable growth strategies that would be supported by data driven indicators. These will call for tactics to expand the practice capacity, improve consumer access and retention and enhance the physician outreach activity. It will also require exploring affiliations with payers, employers and potentially systems.
Gabrielle DeTora and the DeTora Consulting team is thrilled to support DDA’s strategic growth initiative through this vital project.